Friday, December 10, 2004

Time for Fun

Ha ha!!! Today is the last day of my current contract! Which means that my next 2 projects are ones i'll be working on out of my home studio. Which means...yah! I'll be home for the next FIVE weeks. (little jig with bad irish impression here) I'm so excited. I will, of course, be freezing while i work because we have no insulation and we cant just be turning on the heat willy nilly (what are we MADE of money?) but still...track pants. Working in track pants. And slippers. And maybe. Depending on how efficient i am. Extra time to work on the house. And certainly cook. Joy!

3 Comments:

At 12/13/2004 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I'm supremely jealous - I'm a web designer, and eventually want to do the work-at-home thing. Not ready to leave the stability (and awesome benefits) of my current gig just yet though.

So yay for staying home in slippers and track pants. I always have a blanket on my lap when I'm at the computer too - makes it more cozy!

~Mindy (http://www.onesmallspark.com/home/)

 
At 12/13/2004 12:11:00 PM, Blogger merideth said...

ahhh...yes, stability is a hard thing to give up...and i'm not saying i wont go back to it given the right offer..but i've been freelancing for about 3.5 years now and i love it...and dude...mindy...TRACK PANTS!!

 
At 12/15/2004 05:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The commute in today (35 minutes of snow-filled fun) is another reason it'd be nice to work from home...... but oh, the joys of working for a University, where deadlines don't exist. There's never enough work to fill a day, so I don't have to feel guilty about reading house blogs all morning.

My master plan is to become so valuable to the university that they'll let me work from home a few days a week. Then I'd have the best of both worlds - track pants AND a regular paycheck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home