Friday, March 31, 2006

Really, REALLY...dont.

You think you're tired of my writing about rain? You're one fifty zillionth as tired of it as I am. But i have to write about it because, folks, that is all that is happening. So, with no actual work going on at House Made, I decided that the next best thing i can do with my time is research. (Beth says i should have been a library sciences major with my love of the research. Oh that's just in case you had some doubt about just how big a dork i am.) Annnyyway. So i was poking around the Historic Chicago Initiative's website, wishing that the Bay Area had an equivalent when i came across this great list of dos and don'ts when restoring/rehabbing bungalows. It's a pretty common sensical little list but looking around my own neighborhood shows me that the sense is not, in fact, common. If you'd like to bury your head in your hands and cry "noooooo" to the computer, check out the first don't image under "front porch, entry ways, and doors." Now all of you, get out there and inform your neighbors! Question their trim choices! Point out shoddy pintucking! And mock the brochures full of characterless crap windows they want to install. It's for the good of all really.

3 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 09:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyes! My God, my eyes! Didja see that first one under the "don'ts" for additions, expansions and garages? Down, periscope!

Hope the sun shines on you soon.

 
At 4/18/2006 03:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gals,

Long time no vist-sounds like you are doing great up there surviving the deluge. Rob and I have been bitterly disappointed with the lack of rain down here in SD (I can see your eyes rolling to the back of your head now!) We've been getting about 20% of what's been promised and predicted. Finally a couple of late showers have brought the canyons to life.

Still sounds like you are deserving of a break. Hope the sun shines on the both of you and your sweet house and garden soon.

Give me a shout out sometime and still want to meet you sometime if you are ever down our way

I'm never shy about nicely suggesting to folks about the potential or existing bad restoration/remodeling choices ;-)

 
At 3/05/2010 05:37:00 AM, Blogger seo company said...

Hey there,

We have been reading the articles on your website http://housemade.blogspot.com/
and are very impressed with the quality of your information.

We have a team of copywriters who specialize in writing articles on various topics and would like to write an original article for you to use on your website – this article will not be used anywhere else on the Internet.

In exchange all we ask is that we can have one or two links within the body of the article back to one of our sites.
If you are interested in having us write an article for your website please just let me know and we would be more than happy to have one written for you within two weeks.

Kind regards,
Papia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home