Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stripping on the Pole


stripped post
Originally uploaded by merideth.
Yeah so i got down to stripping the first pole on the front porch (see, it's not nearly as "Crazy Horse" as you might have thought by the title, dirty-mind) this weekend. I'm psyched by the pile of stucco-paint-child-of-satan shards that litter the porch floor but let me tell you what is not easy. It's this: removing random crap that someone has adhesed to your house. Not easy. See also "not fun."

On the upside, progress is being made and it looks like the posts are redwood. Rock on. In addition to it being cool that my california house is built largely of california redwood, i get a money-saving bonus. We have leftover redwood that can be used to creat the new moulding. A penny saved is a penny that can to go my nailgun fund my friends!

Now just have a look at this ridiculousness. No really. I need you to see this and ask yourself "wtf?!" in the same way i do.
Yeah. Left side. Paint. Right side. Stucco-ish stuff. Oh the craftsmanship.

5 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 02:10:00 PM, Blogger K said...

Hee hee, I do have a dirty mind. :)

 
At 2/08/2006 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I guess I do to...I love to watch woman strip paint.

 
At 2/09/2006 08:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah the randomness of it all. I wonder what the people who live in this house after us will think.....

 
At 2/12/2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Good work!

Hey, do they still sell Crazyhorse beer in California? Mmmm, cheap beer....

 
At 2/13/2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

previous homeowner had a lot of class!! :-)

great stripping story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home