Sunday, July 31, 2005

Spudapalooza


BIG potatoes
Originally uploaded by merideth.
Okay so it's not strictly house-related but after puttying, sanding, and rot-fixing windows all day, I finished up the afternoon with these great finds.

All the joy of a freakin easter egg hunt was had. I felt like i won a prize every time i found a little guy so imagine my ecstasy over the BIG suckers!! I officially giggled and held them up to beth hollering "LOOK!" whenever i found something.

Best treasure hunt since looking for pirate gold in St. Mark's when i was little. Waaaaay better payoff.

One does need the occassional break from the drudgery that is window repair.

3 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 07:46:00 AM, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Nice. I had my first reds this past weekend too. Man were they good! I steamed 'em and served them beside a roast. I've got the leftovers sitting right here next to my desk in my lunchbox/cooler.

 
At 8/02/2005 09:10:00 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Garden stuff! From your own garden! Karen now has yummy grape tomatoes, and pretty soon, I may have cucumbers. I'm excited about this, clearly.

 
At 8/02/2005 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Derek said...

We had bbq'd zucchini from our garden last night, that my daughter grew. Who knew you could grow something like that in the city...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home