Friday, July 15, 2005

Early bronze age


spring bronze
Originally uploaded by merideth.
So the spring bronze has arrived. For those of you not restoring windows all the live-long day and night, this is basically a strip of approx 1 3/8 inch wide metal that will (hopefully) make our old rattly windows a little more, how you say, "draft-free".

Draft free windows. At this point my vision gets all blurry as i fade into a dream seqence where the living room this winter is sans arctic blasts that confuse the fireplace draw and make me (and the dog) think someone with a tiny fist is tattooing the door.

Wow that was nice. Back in the now, it's supposed to be hot and non-stop sunny this weekend so i will not be concerned with the effectiveness of my fireplace. Upside: having a bunch of the windows out will help keep the litle chunkita cool. Check me out. Full time optomist available for sardonic cheerleading. Book now.

5 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

You know, some woman named Cassandra told me you were going to be draft proofing your windows but I didn't believe her!

Sorry, a little Mycenaean bronze age humor for those of you familiar with the Iliad.

 
At 7/15/2005 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Ooooh...sorry. We're spending the weekend doing home repair at Penelope's. We're trying to gain some influence what with Odysseus out of the house and all.

 
At 7/15/2005 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Didn't Odysseus go to a Styx reunion concert or something. I'll be heading over to Penelope's myself, while he's gone. I had hoped I would be the only suitor, but...

 
At 7/16/2005 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

I think Achilles was into the Styx. Odyssseus was more into Winger and Dokken.

How do the strips work? Are you reinforcing the panes so they won't rattle back and forth, or does wind come in around the whole window?

 
At 7/16/2005 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Or was it the Stones he was into? Styx and Stones? Ok, sorry, going now..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home